Our weekly year-round sessions include :
- Under 18s ski and snowboard coaching (All Mountain, Freestyle and Racing)
- Over 18s ski and snowboard coaching (All Mountain, Freestyle and Racing) Coming Soon
- Strength and Conditioning X-Training @ The Gymnastics Centre
- Fitness with the Coaches
In tandem with our extensive coaching programmes, we actively encourage our members to participate in competitions at local and national level. To support this, Aberdeen Snowsports Club provides ‘coach support’ at a variety of competitions on and off snow, including
- Scottish Schools Snowsports Association Competitions (SSBX, Dual Slalom, Slopestyle, On snow races)
- Races including Twin Peaks, Scottish Dry Slope Champs, Mini X
- Freestyle Triple Crown, Go Big or Go Home, Own It
On-snow coaching at glenshee
Click to go to Glenshee Performance Squad website.
When the snow arrives, on-snow coaching is available via our affiliated club – Glenshee Performance Squad (GPS). Aberdeen Snowsports Club encourages members to take part in weekend training. Glenshee Performance Squad caters for all mountain, racing, freestyle and boarders (minimum standards are required). There is no joining fee for Glenshee Performance Squad, create a GPS account on their website and book your sessions. An added bonus is that if you book a block of training sessions you are eligible for a heavily discounted ski pass for the Glenshee area.
throughout the year
Over the course for the year, we will provide the opportunities for our members to experience and widen their knowledge and understanding of a wider range of snowsports and non snowsports activities. These include but are not limited to
- Ski Tuning, Avalanche Training, Air bag
- Nordic Skiing & Freeride
- Mountain Safety & First Aid
- Diving, Paddle Boarding
- Skateboarding & MTN Biking
- Trips to Hillend, Bearsden and Snowfactor
We believe in our members and aim to support those who want to get more involved by providing courses that enrich the Snowsports sector by having active participants. In order to do this Aberdeen Snowsports Club aim to anticipate and endeavour to meet the needs of our members and coaches by providing the following courses
- Outdoor First Aid
- Food Hygiene
- Event Officials and Crew Training
- Event Training
- Coaching Courses
- Support Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- Volunteering Awards
Wide range of training opportunities
Click to go to Activities & Classes.
Aberdeen Snowsports Club strives to provide a wide range of training opportunities for our members that will promote a lifelong, sustained love of all things Snowsports. To do this we offer a multitude of cross discipline sessions, incorporating our core values and building skills and resilience that are required on and off snow.
what you need to know
Trainees must be members of Aberdeen Snowsports Club. Bring along a drink (in a named bottle) and small snack.
All our sessions are provided at a minimum cost as our aim it to make our members experiences affordable and open to all.
All our sessions are bookable via the Book buttons. Keep an eye on our calendar which will have links to all our planned activities.